Terms and Conditions
The Biology Battle
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. The Biology Battle will have permission to display the name and photos of its participants on a public website. Any personal information that entrants share with the Biology Battle will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions. By entering the competition, entrants agree that their information may be used by the host to administer the competition, and winners consent to give their name for the winners’ list.
2. Participants will be required to show a school ID or any other form of photo identification to moderators to verify their identity. This will be shown in privacy only in the presence of his/her team members, one opposing team, and a Biology Battle Representative. All information, with the exception of names and pictures taking the event, regarding the participant will be kept private.
3. If a team repeatedly causes disruption, does not follow rules, or is suspected of not providing real information, any individual and/or their whole team may be subject to disqualification before, during, or after the event.
4. Teams/participants must commit to attending the entire duration of the competition. If they are not able to, they must notify the Biology Battle at least 48 hours in advance of the competition.
5. Teams/participants must notify the Biology Battle if they would like to make any changes to their registered team before the registration form deadline. Contacting the Biology Battle after the registration deadline will not guarantee any adjustments.
6. All details including rules and additional information will be sent out by April 2, 2022. If teams/participants do not receive any emails from the Biology Battle by April 9, 2022, it is their responsibility to contact Biology Battle in order to resolve the situation.
7. Participants will be required to have two cameras/devices. One camera must show the participant’s face. The secondary camera must show the participant’s hands and computer screen.
8. Only one entry per person per prize promotion unless otherwise stated in the individual promotion. All additional entries will be removed.
9. Any entries that the host considers (in our absolute discretion) to be dangerous, vulgar, offensive, indecent, illegal racist, copied, offensive, cruel or fraudulent, or infringe on the rights or copyright of others will be immediately disqualified.
10. No third party or bulk entries. If it becomes apparent that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, multiple email accounts, multiple reproduced or computer-generated entries, using multiple identities, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
11. Use or distribution of competition materials such as questions outside of the Biology Battle is strictly prohibited. This will result in the disqualification and removal of the participant(s) responsible and their respective team(s).
12. Prize Fund: Please see the awards page for prize information.
13. Winner Notification: The winners will be notified by email via the contact information provided during registration within 7 days of the competition date and will have 7 days from notification to claim their prize. If a winner does not claim their prize within this timeframe the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and will award the prize to a reserve drawn at the same time as the original.
14. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the competition and acceptance of the prize. The Biology Battle cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
15. Prizes must be accepted as offered by the named winner. Options on accepting the prize fund will be presented at the time of email contact after the event, and alternatives may be used upon discussion.
16. The Host reserves the right to verify winners and ask for proof of identity, age, and address, and to withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
17. The Biology Battle reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the event. Those who try to circumvent the entry process and/or entry instructions by any method will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
18. The Biology Battle reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate, or temporarily suspend this competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavors to avoid participant disappointment.
19. The decisions of the Biology Battle moderators are final unless disqualifications are made after the event.